My trip to India helped me see the NHS in a new light
Ann Russell Semi-retired nurse, Manchester
I witnessed love, care and skill when volunteering in Kolkata, and realised the importance of using initiative to improve practice
In January I travelled to Kolkata in India for a two-week trip volunteering in a men’s hospice and a school. I am semi-retired and wanted to use my skills to help those in need while seeing a different part of the world.
32, 28, 38-39.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now