Managing patients with resistant rheumatoid arthritis
Julie Madden Rheumatology nurse practitioner, Calderdale Royal Hospital, Halifax
This article describes the management of patients with difficult to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Pharmacological treatment of patients using disease-modifying and biologic drugs is discussed. Clinical measures of disease activity are also described.
Nursing Standard. 22, 43, 51-57. doi: 10.7748/ns2008.07.22.43.51.c6585Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now