Language requirement is fair
It’s so annoying to hear that Brexit is responsible for a reduction in European nurse applicants (Nursing unions in plea to secure rights of ‘vital’ EU nationals, news online 13 October). I am a nurse and have asked several European nurses for their views. The only conclusion I have is the introduction of the English language test is the primary cause for a drop in applications. This, I feel, is just. I expect anyone working for the public to be able to speak English.
Nursing Standard. 32, 9, 30-30. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.9.30.s28
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now