Introducing enteral nutrition support: ethical considerations
Carolyn Best Nutrition support specialist, Nutrition and dietetic department, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester
This article explores the potential benefits of, or problems associated with, the insertion of a feeding tube to commence enteral nutrition. Some of the issues that may arise when a patient is no longer able to meet their nutritional needs orally are discussed.
Nursing Standard. 24, 37, 41-45. doi: 10.7748/ns2010.05.24.37.41.c7779Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now