Improving services for people with learning disabilities
Alison Williamson Senior Lecturer in Learning Disabilities, School of Health and Social Care, Teesside University, Middlesbrough
Judith Johnson Health Facilitator Adults with Learning Disability, Bebington and West Wirral Primary Care Trust
People with learning disabilities encounter numerous barriers when using health services. The authors discuss ways to ensure that the health needs of these patients are met in mainstream settings.
18, 24, 43-51.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now