Hypothermia: assessment, treatment and prevention
Rebecca Neno Programme leader, Undergraduate caring for older people programmes, Thames Valley University, Ealing
Hypothermia is a condition that can have serious consequences, yet its symptoms are often unrecognised in older people because they can be easily confused with symptoms of other age-related illnesses. Nurses should know how to treat the condition, as well as be able to offer health promotion and health education advice about keeping warm.
19, 20, 47-51.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now