Helping families understand how capacity and consent affect care
Marina Russ, an advanced nurse practitioner in a community learning disability service, says feedback highlighted the value of supporting families to recognise service users’ choices
Working with families can be a challenge, particularly when people have long-term support needs that mean they struggle to function independently and rely on others for help.
32, 25, 65-65.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now