Helping families understand how capacity and consent affect care
Marina Russ, an advanced nurse practitioner in a community learning disability service, says feedback highlighted the value of supporting families to recognise service users’ choices
Working with families can be a challenge, particularly when people have long-term support needs that mean they struggle to function independently and rely on others for help.
Nursing Standard. 32, 25, 65-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.25.65.s38
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now