Julie Storr Assistant director, Infection control, National Patient Safety Agency, London
Sandra Clayton-Kent Senior nurse manager, Infection control, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Oxford
This article explains the reasons associated with low compliance with hand hygiene policies. The authors suggest a range of strategies that nurses can adopt to reduce the number of avoidable infections developed by patients.
18, 40, 45-51.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now