Find a way to connect with patients
Felicity Allman Second-year mental health nursing student, Plymouth University
Learning more about football helped a mental health nursing student to develop a therapeutic relationship
My first placement after I began training was with a community mental health service, where I helped care for a patient diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.
32, 8, 36-36.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now