Empowering inpatients and improving safety
Enabling self-administration of insulin recognises patients as experts in their own care
Being admitted to hospital can be a frightening prospect for people with diabetes, with research showing high numbers of medication errors with the potential for serious harm or even death.
35, 1, 53-55.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now