What are fit notes and can nurses write them?
Legislation regarding written statements on a person’s fitness for work, what’s involved in the process and training requirements
A fit note, sometimes referred to as a medical statement or a doctor’s note, is a written statement from a health professional giving their medical opinion on a person’s fitness for work.
37, 8, 11-11.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now