Shingles: risk factors, care and prevention
The condition often affects older people and those whose immunity is compromised, but there is a vaccine that can help reduce risk
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is an infection of a nerve and the skin around it.
37, 4, 59-60.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now