How to cope with compassion fatigue
What to do when the emotional and physical toll of caring for others reduces your or a colleague’s ability to empathise
Compassion fatigue is sometimes described as the ‘cost of caring’, where emotional and physical exhaustion lead to a reduced ability to empathise or feel compassion for others.
36, 10, 24-24.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now