Developing a community matron service: a neighbourhood model
Claire Downes Community matron, NHS Blackburn with Darwen
Jane Pemberton Head of service, community nursing, NHS Blackburn with Darwen
NHS Blackburn with Darwen Provider Services Unit has adopted an innovative team approach to improve patient access to its community matron service. This article reviews the national picture and local development of the community matrons role.
Nursing Standard. 23, 44, 35-38. doi: 10.7748/ns2009.07.23.44.35.c7107Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now