Paltry pay award will put lives at risk
Nicki Credland Chair, British Association of Critical Care Nurses
Until we are paid what we deserve, staff retention will continue to define the workforce crisis and endanger patient safety
The government’s proposed pay award of 1% has caused widespread anger, but it is important that we do not suggest that nurses deserve more pay in reward for their hard work during the pandemic – it is about much more than that.
36, 4, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now