Never let racism hold back your career
Anoop Raghunath Charge nurse in the emergency assessment unit, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
As a migrant nurse, I used my initiative to create professional development opportunities to further my nursing journey
I came to the UK in 2011, two years after qualifying as a nurse in India and having passed my IELTS (international English language testing system) exam. I had only worked in a small hospital in Kerala before coming to the UK and did not have much nursing experience.
36, 7, 31-32.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now