Life is about endings and beginnings – and it’s time for me to go
Jane Bates Ophthalmic nurse, Hampshire
A doctor bounced up to me in hospital recently and told me he had just seen his last patient. He looked gobsmacked, and not in a good way.
34, 7, 12-12.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now