Joker distorts the link between mental illness and violence
Ian Hulatt Consultant editor, RCNi journal Mental Health Practice
The critically acclaimed film’s portrayal of mental illness is worrying
The world of cinema has long used mental illness as a focus for a riveting story. Who can forget the stellar performances of Jack Nicholson in The Shining and, of course, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest?
35, 1, 38-38.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now