How to avoid sharps injury and limit risk
Rose Gallagher RCN professional lead, Infection prevention and control
Start by speaking to your employer about your training needs
A survey of 7,571 RCN members found almost two thirds (63%) of respondents had received at least one sharps injury during their careers.
36, 7, 55-55.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now