Fair pay in the NHS should be viewed as a critical requirement
Jane Ball Professor of nursing workforce policy, University of Southampton
The 1% pay rise plan in England devalues the profession at a time when the importance of nursing is more clear-cut than ever
The Westminster government’s 1% pay offer for NHS staff has been met with outrage and disbelief.
36, 5, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now