An aid to consistency but not to compassion
What the evidence says about the efficacy of intentional rounding
Intentional rounding is a structured nursing intervention, usually carried out every 1-2 hours. The aim is to address the fundamental elements of nursing care through a regular bedside ward round to check on patients, using a standardised protocol and documentation.
36, 8, 39-39.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now