How to assess and treat human and animal bites – and when to use antimicrobials
Human and animal bites are an infection risk and are seen relatively frequently in emergency departments (EDs) and primary care. Dog and human bites are the bites most commonly seen in EDs and can cause significant tissue damage.
36, 5, 59-59.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now