Clean surgical wounds: prevention of infection
Dinah Gould Professor of Nursing, Faculty of Health, South Bank University, London
Nurses need to be aware of the principles of infection control and the factors affecting wound infection to develop effective strategies to prevent infection and cross-infection.
15, 49, 45-52.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now