Chronic kidney disease: risk factors, assessment and nursing care
Avril Redmond Clinical education facilitator, Haemodialysis unit, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast
Heather McClelland Team leader, Haemodialysis unit, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast
This article provides an overview of chronic kidney disease in adults and outlines nursing management in primary and secondary care. Patient assessment, including the stages of chronic kidney disease, common causes and risk factors, are also discussed.
Nursing Standard. 21, 10, 48-55. doi: 10.7748/ns2006.11.21.10.48.c6381Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now