Causes and management of leg and foot ulcers
Georgina Casey Freelance author
This article reviews the main causes of leg and foot ulcers and provides guidance for the assessment of patients with ulcers. Common treatments are reviewed in the context of underlying pathophysiological processes. Follow-up care and patient education are also addressed.
Nursing Standard. 18, 45, 57-64. doi: 10.7748/ns2004.07.18.45.57.c3653Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now