Catheter care in the community
Ian Pomfret District Continence Adviser, Chorley and South Ribble General Hospital, Lancashire
The practice of healthcare professionals performing routine catheter changes and the education of patients and carers regarding these procedures is discussed. Patients’ sexual needs when catheterisation is used as a method of urinary management are considered, and options for maintaining a normal life style are described.
14, 27, 46-51.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now