Caring for the patient with an intestinal obstruction
Elaine Hughes Senior lecturer, Pre-registration adult nursing, Faculty of Health, Edge Hill College, Liverpool
This article aims to increase your understanding of issues associated with intestinal obstruction, including the different causes of small bowel and large bowel obstruction, the treatments available and the best nursing management of patients with this condition.
19, 47, 56-64.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now