What is a nutrition nurse specialist – and could you be one?
Claire Campbell Nutrition lead nurse, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, National Nurses Nutrition Group
The skills and experience you need to work with patients and other teams to deliver appropriate, safe feeding in hospital and at home
Nutrition nurse specialists support patients whose ability to maintain their nutritional intake through eating and drinking is compromised. This may mean they need supported oral intake, enteral tube feeding, or the provision of parenteral nutrition.
38, 3, 55-56.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now