‘Proving nurses have a place here is motivation for me’
Lynne Pearce Health journalist
As the UK’s only pre-hospital emergency medicine consultant nurse, Andy Thurgood is used to going into the unknown
For many, the unspecified can be unnerving, but not for pre-hospital emergency medicine consultant nurse Andy Thurgood.
Nursing Standard. 35, 5, 51-52. doi: 10.7748/ns.35.5.51.s22
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now