BCG immunotherapy for carcinoma of the urinary bladder
Susan Cumisky Nurse Practitioner, Urology, Yeovil District Hospital
Treatment of superficial bladder cancer using BCG as an immunotherapeutic agent has proved effective. Stringent safety procedures have been introduced at Yeovil District Hospital so that this treatment is available to patients with bladder cancer, while ensuring that other patients and staff are protected from the possibility of BCG cross-infection.
14, 37, 45-47.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now