Assessment and management of the trauma patient
Elaine Cole Lecturer practitioner, Accident and Emergency/trauma, City University, St Bartholomew’s School of Nursing and Midwifery, London
Emergency nurses need to be able to assess and manage trauma patients wherever they work and regardless of the number of staff working with them. This article describes systematic nursing assessment of patients who have sustained traumatic injuries.
18, 41, 45-51.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now