Assessment and management of patients with leg ulcers
Caroline Dowsett Nurse consultant, Tissue viability, Newham Primary Care Trust, London
This article discusses the assessment and management of patients with leg ulcers, focusing on venous, arterial and mixed aetiology ulcers. Successful care planning should be based on working in partnership with patients in terms of offering choices that meet their clinical, quality-of-life and psychosocial needs.
19, 32, 65-72.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now