Why samples are rejected and how to reduce the risk
Repeat sampling puts patients at risk due to delayed diagnosis and treatment and is costly too – so what can nurses do to enable trouble-free processing?
Phlebotomy – the drawing of blood – has been practised for centuries and remains ‘one of the most invasive procedures in health care’, according to World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
35, 11, 67-69.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now