Why falls risk shouldn’t be a barrier to mobilisation
Bed may seem the safest place for older or frail patients, but preventing deconditioning by supporting people to move around is a hallmark of holistic care
With two older relatives in hospital in one year, retired senior nurse Anne Cooper was surprised to be told neither would be supported to mobilise until a physiotherapist assessed them.
37, 4, 35-37.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now