Sickle cell crisis: how to spot the signs and reduce the risk
Lack of knowledge of the blood disorder is common among healthcare professionals. Find out how to help your patients
Sickle cell disease, a group of disorders that alter the haemoglobin in red blood cells, affects an estimated 15,000 people in the UK, according to charity the Sickle Cell Society.
36, 11, 67-69.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now