Compassion amid a crisis: how to show it, maintain it and develop your skills
It’s an essential part of nursing, but should extend beyond patient care to self-care and compassion for colleagues
Compassion is at the heart of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) code, which says that nurses must ‘treat people with kindness, respect and compassion’. It is also one of the 6Cs of nursing.
36, 10, 10-12.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now