An overview of chronic fatigue syndrome
Elizabeth Jackson Health Visitor, Shaw Heath Health Centre, Stockport, Cheshire
This article provides an overview of the condition known as chronic fatigue syndrome, or myalgic encephalomyelitis. The author describes common symptoms and their treatment, and discusses a model of patient care, piloted in the community, which includes elements of a range of therapeutic strategies.
17, 13, 45-53.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now