Advance statements: legal and ethical implications
Belen Matesanz Mateu Staff nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Son Llatzer, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
This article informs nurses of the background and purpose of advance statements (advance directives or living wills), and discusses the legal and ethical issues associated with their use.
Nursing Standard. 21, 2, 41-45. doi: 10.7748/ns2006.09.21.2.41.c4501Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now