Acute pain management following Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery
Jasmina Banicek Clinical nurse specialist, Pain management, The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, London
Diana Butcher Lead nurse, Pain management, The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, London
Obesity is a growing public health problem. This article provides an overview of the health implications associated with obesity. It describes laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery, an invasive intervention for the management of obesity. Strategies for achieving effective pain management following this procedure are discussed.
25, 18, 35-40.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now