Robin Hooks Staff nurse, Kingston Hospital, Surrey
A CPD article improved Robin Hooks’s knowledge of how to use the ABCDE approach to assess a deteriorating patient
The article outlined the ABCDE (assessment, breathing, circulation, disability, exposure) approach to assessing a deteriorating patient, explaining the actions that healthcare practitioners should undertake.
Nursing Standard. 32, 27, 64-65. doi: 10.7748/ns.32.27.64.s38
This reflective account is based on NS922 Smith D, Bowden T (2017) Using the ABCDE approach to assess the deteriorating patient. Nursing Standard. 32, 14, 51-61. rcni.com/abcde
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now