A proactive approach to asthma
Jane Scullion Respiratory nurse consultant, Institute for Lung Health, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester
Asthma is a common chronic inflammatory condition the incidence of which appears to be increasing in the UK. It has a substantial impact on the lives of the people it affects. A proactive approach to asthma by healthcare professionals working with patients with this condition may substantially improve asthma management.
Nursing Standard. 20, 9, 57-65. doi: 10.7748/ns2005.11.20.9.57.c4001Correspondence
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now