A practical guide to extubation
Katie Scales Consultant nurse, critical care, Charing Cross Hospital, Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust, London
Julie Pilsworth Sister, critical care outreach, Charing Cross Hospital, Hammersmith Hospitals NHS Trust, London
This article reviews current practice in relation to extubation and the relative merits of the available techniques. The procedure for extubation is described as well as the potential complications and nursing care of the patient following extubation.
22, 2, 44-48.
This article has been subject to double blind peer review
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now