A passion for research
Nichole McIntosh Senior nurse for older people and stroke services, Barts Health NHS Trust, City University London
Senior nurse Nichole McIntosh describes how becoming a PhD research student has not only enhanced her career but has proven a life-changing experience
My decision to be a research student arose from my desire to add something new to the body of knowledge about the experiences of older people from black and minority ethnic (BME) backgrounds in hospital.
29, 32, 63-63.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to nursingstandard.com and the Nursing Standard app
- The monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now