The evidence base for gerontological nursing practice. Part 1: What do we mean by ‘evidence’?
Jan Draper Programme Director BSc (Hons) in Gerontological Nursing, Distance Learning, RCN Institute, London
In recent years, ‘evidence-based practice’ has featured increasingly in the lexicon of healthcare practitioners. But what does it mean and how is ‘evidence’ gathered, graded and described? In the first of two articles, Jan Draper explores the issues.
Nursing Older People.
16, 6, 28-33.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now