The evidence base for gerontological nursing practice. Part 1: What do we mean by ‘evidence’?
Jan Draper Programme Director BSc (Hons) in Gerontological Nursing, Distance Learning, RCN Institute, London
In recent years, ‘evidence-based practice’ has featured increasingly in the lexicon of healthcare practitioners. But what does it mean and how is ‘evidence’ gathered, graded and described? In the first of two articles, Jan Draper explores the issues.
Nursing Older People.
16, 6, 28-33.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now