Personalised care for people with dementia
The term dementia is used to describe more than 100 different conditions that affect the brain and result in an impairment of function. People affected may experience memory loss, problems with communication, impaired reasoning and difficulties with skills for daily living. Dementia is a progressive and terminal condition. In the UK, 850,000 people are estimated to be living with dementia.
Nursing Older People. 32, 2, 10-10. doi: 10.7748/nop.32.2.10.s9
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now