Erin Dean Freelance health writer
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive neurological condition that affects about 127,000 people in the UK. There is no cure, but a range of treatments can help control its symptoms. As the condition progresses, worsening symptoms can make it increasingly difficult to carry out everyday activities without assistance.
Nursing Older People. 29, 8, 12-12. doi: 10.7748/nop.29.8.12.s14
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now