How do I make residents’ activities meaningful in my care home?
Lynne Phair Independent consultant nurse and expert witness
Activities are not always seen as integral to people’s care and are too often arranged by care home staff instead of registered nurses
It was recognised two decades ago that lack of physical and mental activity, as well as limited social stimulation, have a negative effect on individuals (
Nursing Older People. 29, 8, 19-19. doi: 10.7748/nop.29.8.19.s20
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now