How do I use the Clinical Frailty Scale?
Shelley Ripper @RipperShelley Frailty practitioner, Frailty support team, Lymington New Forest Hospital, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, Hampshire
Emma Williams @Emmawilliams210 Frailty practitioner, Frailty support team, Lymington New Forest Hospital, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, Hampshire
Frailty identification instruments improve patient outcomes, enhance care and aid future planning
While it is well documented that frailty is not an inevitable part of ageing (Afilalo et al 2019, Young and Smithard 2020), healthcare professionals have a responsibility to identify people who are living with frailty and support them to optimise their health and well-being.
Nursing Older People.
33, 2, 16-17.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now