How do I encourage older people to become physically active?
Jo Jennings Orthogeriatric advanced clinical practitioner, Warwick Hospital, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
Physical activities that can benefit older adults
Undertaking physical activity is beneficial to the mind and body regardless of age (Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) 2019). For older adults, it can reduce the risk of the following:
Nursing Older People.
32, 5, 11-11.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now