Care for dying people in nursing homes
Ruth Sander Senior lecturer, School of Health and Social Care, University of Portsmouth
Phil Russell Senior lecturer, School of Health and Social Care, University of Portsmouth
Nurses who are confident in their own skills but who know where to draw upon specialist help can provide enormous support for nursing home residents coming to the end of their lives. Promoting a palliative care approach can promote a sense of well-being in older people who are dying.
Nursing Older People.
13, 2, 21-26.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now