Care for dying people in nursing homes
Ruth Sander Senior lecturer, School of Health and Social Care, University of Portsmouth
Phil Russell Senior lecturer, School of Health and Social Care, University of Portsmouth
Nurses who are confident in their own skills but who know where to draw upon specialist help can provide enormous support for nursing home residents coming to the end of their lives. Promoting a palliative care approach can promote a sense of well-being in older people who are dying.
Nursing Older People. 13, 2, 21-26. doi: 10.7748/nop2001.04.13.2.21.c2174
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now